– Because nearly the whole of the produce of our labour is stolen from us by human beings. There, comrades, is the answer to all our problems. It is summed up in a single word – Man.
– 7. All animals are equal.
– “No sentimentality, comrade” cried Snowball, from whose wounds the blood was still dripping. “War is war. The only good human being is a dead one.”
– “The animals were happy as they had never conceived it possible to be. Every mouthful of food was an acute positive pleasure, now that it was truly their own food, produced by themselves and for themselves, not doled out to them by a grudging master.”
– This, said Squealer, was something called tactics. He repeated a number of times, “tactics, comrades, tactics!” skipping round and whisking his tail with a merry laugh.
– Now when Squealer described the scene so graphically, it seemed to the animals that they did remember it.
– “Ah, that is different!” said Boxer. “If Comrade Napoleon says it, it must be right”.
– Four legs good, two legs bad!
– In April Animal Farm was proclaimed a Republic, and is became necesary to elect a President. There was only one candidate, Napoleon, who was elected unanimously.
– All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.
– The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again: but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Thanks a lot, George Orwell.